Subject: Re: [Leica] Heliar choice of finish & VC meter
From: "Claes-Göran Bjernér" <claes.bjerner@pi.se>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 21:34:16 +0100

Gary Klein wrote:

>> Next month I plan on plunking down the cash to get a new Heliar with a screw
>> to m adapter for my M.  Which finish style tyof the lenses you have seen
>> looks better done.

The silver finish certainly looks elegant. Too bad the viewfinder only
comes in black. Personally I´m using a black Heliar on my black M3 together
with the new Voigtländer VC meter attached next to the viewfinder on the
extra shoe accessory. I also have an M-grip attached. All in black of
course. It doesn´t look pretty, but quite intriguing. And it works like a
charm. That little meter is surprisingly accurate! And together with the
wide Heliar it makes it possible to work very discreetly since you can shoot
from the hip. But sometimes I find the extremely bright and blinking LEDs of
the VC meter a bit of a nuisance.
Claes