Subject: Re: [Leica] ...... Kodak 400+ Select....
From: "R. Saylor" <rlsaylor@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 00:44:13 -0500

I have some Kodak B&W + scans at
http://pw2.netcom.com/~rlsaylor/m6.htm
I will be adding a few more scans soon. It is indeed ISO (ASA) 400.

It is basically the same as T400 CN but is supposed to produce
better black and white prints on color paper, but I have not found
this to be the case. As far as I know, it has not replaced T400 CN.

It is a hard to obtain this film in my part of the US. I found four rolls
at Walmart and bought them out. I think it has better contrast than
T400 CN, but this may be my imagination. Anyhow, I really like it.

However, my wife tells me that if I buy her an M6 and a 35mm
Summicron ASPH, she is willing to process Tri-X for me, so I may
be abandoning this new Kodak C-14 film, provided I win the lottery.

I didn't know I had married an avid photographer at the time of the
wedding. The truth came out several weeks later. :-/ This is either
good or bad, depending on how you look at it. Anyhow, she
empathizes with my Leicamania. :-)

Richard