Subject: Re: Re: [Leica] incidently - spin the ring
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 22:22:06 -0800

Bernard wrote in response to:

>Thought you might wonder about this bracketing method.:)
>
>Photographers of a well known magazine when they had money to burn, used a
>bracketing method called, "Spin the ring!" I know of a few others out there
>that shoot this way or certainly heard they have used it.
>
>Goes like this.
>
>First frame, shoot metered exposure: Set winder or motor drive and then
>fire camera while turning aperture ring all the way open and back to
>smallest opening as the roll is finished.
>
>Remove film, bracketing scene is completed. Insert new roll for next
>situation.

>I think some people are getting crazy - maybe the moon. Pro :  no need to
>meter  -  con : my pockets aren't deep enough to take the rolls.>>>>>>>>

Hi Bernard,

I haven't had the guts or stupidity to blow off a roll of film in this spin
the ring fashion, not that I haven't been tempted a few times. I just can't
imagine doing it, even though at times I bracket severely, I can't just
clickity click a whole roll and spin the aperture ring end to end.

And I sure don't have deep pockets for film use in this manner.

ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant