Subject: Re: [Leica] Thrones, Dominions, and Powers
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 15:31:49 -0500

At 04:44 PM 12/24/1999 -03-30, Greg Locke wrote:

>Not sure of the others, but in 1931 Newfoundland was still an independent
>country ...

You are right in that Newfoundland was a Dominion and was included in the
Statute of Westminister as such, so it was on an equal status with Canada
and the others.

I keep running across Newfies here in central Virginia who claim to be
"refugees" from the "tyranny of Canada" and contend the '49 vote was
rigged.  I guess old political issues die hard:  West Virginia keeps
threatening to rejoin Virginia, and we keep having to gently remind them
that they DID want to leave!

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!