Subject: [Leica] Re: Forsale and WTB on the LUG
From: "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org>
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 1999 16:33:10 -0700

On 25 Dec 99, Bryan Caldwell wrote, at least in part:

> To say that because some LUG members don't want to read For
> Sale postings and therefore they should be limited one day a week
> leads to the limitation of other topics. Either we're free to post,
> read, respond or ignore topics or we're not.

Bryan, you just don't seem to get it! This is not a democracy. Your
assumption above is not at all correct. It does not, and has not
limited topics in any way at all. You are free to post on topics that
are within Brian's stated and now, finally, mildly enforced
parameters. This is not a news group and the policy of a mailing
list is one man's alone, the owner's.

I took a slightly different tack on the LEG. There, such posts are
allowed any day, but I request that they be restricted to one per
week by the poster (honor system, but watched), and kept to
reasonable length.

A person desirous of posting FS and WTB, has the LUG, LEG,
various news groups, and all the commercial avenues to utilize.
Brian's concern that FS and WTB posts could bog down the
discussion aspects (clearly the raison d'être of the list) certainly
has merit in the eyes of the only one that counts, Brian!

- --
Roger
Leica Enthusiasts Mailing List
http://www.topica.com/lists/leica