Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Konica Hexar RF - initial impressions
From: Thomas Kachadurian <tom@kachadurian.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 1999 22:26:13 -0500

This sort of comment is laughable.

Until about 1 year ago the M6 did not have TTL and no one really
minded, even though it was on many cameras in the 1970s before the
first M6 was even made. Now an M6 has it (its only remotely modern
feature) and it's required.

My Mamiya 6 doesn't have TTL and I don't miss it. But I sure like
it's nearly silent, dead on, electronic shutters. A camera with a
mechanically timed shutter is pretty retrogressive, don't you think.

I recommend that all of you who worship at the altar of everything
Leica stop trying so hard to find reasons to dislike the Hexar RF
before you even see it. It makes it sound like you are afraid of it.

Touch one, use one, then when you and everyone else have data upon
which to base an opinion, speak up.

Tom

>I am increasingly curious why Konica could not even make that camera with
>TTL.
>This has made the camera retrogressive.
>
>Dan K.

Thomas Kachadurian