Subject: [Leica] Re: Forsale and WTB on the LUG
From: "Bill Campbell" <billc@clark.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 1999 12:58:35 -0500

Hi Brian,

I really enjoy being part of the LUG, I've learned a lot about Leica, and
have made more than a few friends here! I just want to say *thanks* for the
time and effort you've put into making this list work, thanks!

About my "rules change" proposal;

I guess I wanted to differentiate between "commercial" Leica dealers and
"users" that have a piece of equipment forsale or trade out of their own
gadget bag. I was looking at it as one Leica user giving another Leica user
a good deal through a sale/trade here on the LUG.

An example; say you've always wanted a Noctilux, and you find one at your
local Leica dealer (a good buy that the dealer just took in today), but in
order to afford it you have to part with your Summilux, but if you have to
wait until Fri to offer it here on the LUG, chances are the Noctilux will be
sold in the meantime, so you trade it in on the Noctilux instead of posting
it here on the LUG (or offer it on a newsgroup, a dealers website, or
e-bay).

I agree that "dealers" should be limited to posting once a week, but wanted
to give individual sellers a little more latitude, without fear of being
flamed by the group.

Whatever decision you and the list reach, I will abide by.

Happy Holidays... Bill
- ----