Subject: Re: [Leica] B(ulb)
From: Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 1999 17:01:23 -0800

I have a Speed Graphic, manufactured in about 1948, that has a working
bulb, and I assure you that it is exactly as Bill stated. If the
shutter is on "B", then the shutter stays open as long as you are
squeezing the bulb; when you let go, the shutter closes. For many years
I used an ear syringe as a replacement bulb because the original rotted
away long ago, but last year I bought an original-style replacement.
It's about half the size of a golf ball.

When the shutter is on "T" you puff it twice; the first puff opens it
and the second puff closes it.