Subject: Re: [Leica] wtb-wts: underwear cleaning topic
From: "Julian Koplen" <jkoplen@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 16:51:03 -0500

The  following will sound facetious, but it is submitted in all sincerity.
It pertains to lens cleaning.

Ted has advised the use of a well-worn portion of cotton underpants (worn
from sitting).  Someone else, I think, mentioned use of cotton undershirt
material. Undershirts are generally of knit fabric, the stretchy stuff.  But
underpants may be knit, as in jockey shorts, or woven, as in cotton
broadcloth (the non-stretchy stuff).

Is one preferable over the other for safe and effective lens cleaning, or
are the two fabrics equally tried and
recommended?  I do plan to use the advice.

Thanks...........Julian