Subject: [Leica] Using Voigtlaender (new) lenses on old Leicas
From: Christian Wagner <iscw@cityu.edu.hk>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 14:24:42 +0800

My experience is that the viewfinder does not fit into the shoemount of my
IIIc, but it fits comfortably into the mount of the M2 or M3.  Maybe that's
a unique problem, but given that the viewfinders are made out of plastic,
you may want to not put too much force on them.

And another personal experience.  I prefer the 25mm Skopar over the 15mm
Heliar.  (Subjectively) sharper images, much more useful angle of view,
better lens cap fit (15mm lens cap always falls off due to the strangely
shaped sunshade), and all for a much better price.

Chris