Subject: Re: [Leica] wtb-wts: underwear cleaning topic
From: bruce5@attglobal.net
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 10:23:58 -0500

My anal retentive car washing methodology (as my wife refers to it)
taught me to use white cotton flannel which I purchase by the yard at
fabric stores (sometimes even Wal Mart has it in stock).

If you use underwear, cloth diapers, etc. be aware that the threads that
make the seams can scratch the surface being rubbed, since they're
seldom made of cotton.  And never count on towels that are labeled 100%
cotton to be 100% cotton...most aren't.

Finally, wash these rags in a gentle detergent, no fabric softener, no
dryer sheets (that stuff will stay in the material and rub off on
whatever the rag touches)

Maybe if I joined a cleaning ladies mailing list, I could contribute
more often...hmm

Bruce