Subject: [Leica] Leica prices
From: Arthur Leyenberger <larthurl@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 13:55:25 -0800 (PST)

Being fairly new to all things Leica and preparing to
purchase an M6 HiMag TTL body in the near future, in
seems that "price fixing" is the rule. Regardless of
whether I buy from an established Shutterbug vendor
such as B&H or Tamarkin? or from my local camera
store, I'm going to pay the same amount.

Why is this the case? I assume Leica prohibits dealers
from discounting. True? I've asked two different
camera dealers if they would "do something for me" if
I bought a lens with the body. The anser: no, we don't
do that.

It appears that my only options are to buy grey or buy
w/o Passport warranty but dealer warranty (save maybe
$200). Am I missing something here?
Is passport worth the $200 or so?

I have already taken the advice I've seen here to buy
Leica lenses pre-owned.

.....Art