Subject: [Leica] Re: Rangefinder or SLR?
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 14:39:12 -0800

At 03:13 PM 12/29/99 -0500, John Black wrote:
>I can make an SLR out of my Leica SM or M cameras.  Can you make a
>rangefinder out of your SLR?
>
>JB

 Since you use the RF in an M camera as a "split-image" focusing device,
then all Leica SLR's come with that very capability. The "split-image"
focusing prisms in the center of the focusing screen. And likewise, you can
look on the lens barrel to find the range. So you can call it a range finder.

Jim