Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica prices
From: LawsonCL@aol.com
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 18:10:39 EST

larthurl@yahoo.com writes:

<<I've asked two different camera dealers if they would "do something for me"
if
 I bought a lens with the body. The anser: no, we don't do that. >>

But Leica will.

Here's some dangerously costly advice. Find a dealer who is having or soon to
have Leica Days. Buy during the event and Leica then foots the bill for an
extra 10% off the price on new bodies and lenses. The 10% comes off the price
after the rebates are deducted. Hence, I paid $1,885.50 plus tax for my M6
TTL HM.

The dangerous part? Knowing that a dealer can have Leica Days no more than
once every six months, I popped for new 35mm Summicron ASPH and 21mm ASPH
lenses.

No dealer in your town having Leica Days? Call Leica NA, find out who IS,
then take advantage of cheap airfares. Or drive. Or, easiest of all, just
call and mail order from the dealer.

Remember, it does not matter whether the dealer has the item(s) in stock. You
just need to purchase and pay during the event to qualify for the 10% off.
And don't the rebates supposedly expire Dec. 31, 1999?

Chris "A Poorer Man" Lawson