Subject: Re: [Leica] Incident light: A Question
From: Jeff Moore <jbm@oven.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 04:29:45 -0500

1999-12-22-08:26:59 csocolow:
> Upon recommendation of many sage members of the LUG, I purchased a
> Sekonic L-308BII[...]

I used one of these for several years.  Compact, a cute bit of
industrial design, and it agreed pretty well with my in-camera meters.

Finally, though (and this will probably seem really niggly) the
startup delay -- the delay from flipping it on 'til when it would
consent to take a reading -- got on my last nerve.  And I figured it'd
be a convenience if there were an aperture-priority mode on the meter.
I recently chose the Gossen Luna-Pro digital F as an improved
replacement, and haven't regretted it yet.

> But I've found when using the L-308BII that I tend to get
> underexposed transparencies; usually in the range of 1/3 to 1/2
> stop.

I had good luck with the Sekonic in that regard;  but I found that the
Gossen doesn't quite agree with my Leica in-camera meters.  Who knows:
maybe the Gossen's actually strictly correct.  Doesn't matter to me --
I'm used to what I get from the little red M6 LEDs.  No problem: with
the Gossen you can program in a correction, in tenths-of-stops.  Win.