Subject: [Leica] Re: Millennium Greetings!
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 22:00:48 +0000

Friends in the LUG,

I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all out there in this
world-wide global village a photographically fruitful next Millennium. It
is indeed awesome, maybe somewhat exciting, that this event occurs once in
a thousand years and we are on the threshold of experiencing one within our
lifetime. The last time it happened, the world was in the thereabouts of
the Crusades (if my history is correct), 500 years before the black death,
and 600 years before the industrial revolution.

The much cherished Leica M6 which I now hold in my hands today will
hopefully be passed down from generation to generation, hopefully treasured
but more likely dumped and forgotten, chucked into oblivion, discarded
because it has become obsolete, turning into a curiosity, a future museum
piece........ a reminder of the 20th century.

At this moment, I also seek your indulgence in letting bygones be bygones.
If I have offended anyone in these past few years that I have been on the
LUG, I ask that you will forgive any of my bad manners, irritating and
mischievious behavior and any unruly remarks which were not meant to be
personally directed nor intended in a derogatory manner.

All over this globe, people are preparing to celebrate the dawn of the next
Millennium. Just minutes before the gong goes for midnight, I would imagine
that the ever favourite song "Auld Lang Syne" would be sung. At the stroke
of midnight - BONG - people will be hugging and kissing one another, tears
will be shed, resolutions will be made, the past hopefully forgotten, and
the future worshipped.

I am burdened to ponder, whatever the events that may take place over the
next few hours, we will inevitably and eventually have to ask ourselves,
"What is my purpose in this life?"

Yours leically and from the bottom of my heart,

Dan K.