Subject: RE: [Leica] Visoflex
From: "Jonathan Borden" <jborden@mediaone.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 13:08:08 -0500

> The Visoflex seems an example of something with limited "hands-off" or
> "mind's eye" appeal. However, I'm not aware of hearing much but quite
> admiring comments from people who actually own and use them. I
> personally try to be careful about making up my mind about things I
> haven't actually tried. Of course I still do rush to judgement,
> sometimes--it's tough not to--but it's worth trying to be careful about
> .
>
> --Mike

	I use a Visoflex II with a Bellows II (both picked up *cheaply* on e-bay)
with the 39mm adapter to use various enlarging lenses as great macro
photography lenses. The only problem with using the enlarging lens is that
many have coarse aperature blades which affect the out of focus areas. The
Summicron 50/2 has a nice flat field as well for a regular lens (compare to
the standard lenses from C* & N* for a real eye opener!).

	It works very well for macro and copy work, which I do occasionaly. The M
shutter is actually terrific for this having still less vibration than most
SLRs even with the mirror up. I don't use it for telephoto work nor own
Telyts.

Jonathan Borden