Subject: [Leica] Re: Tri-X incompetence
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2000 11:01:00 -0800

At 12:11 PM 1/1/00 -0600, you wrote:
>>>And I use Delta. Tri-X is a nice film to hide one's incompetence at
>>exposing the film correctly. And then it hides one's inability at
>>correctly processing the film. If one would be capable of work within
>>tighter tolerances, one could and should use some more modern emulsions.
>>TriX is a joke on medium format, and on 35mm.......

I don't remember who wrote this, but is complete and total BS. Out of the
mouth of babes, come some amazing statements. But this one takes the Y2K cake.

Any one else out there think Tri-X is a joke? Any one out there using Tri-X
because they are a lousy photographer and cannot properly take photographs?
Don't know how to develop film? Can't print worth a damn?

Or are you using it because you LIKE the look and feel of the result?

Someone out there thinks he/she has it all figured out as to why so many
professional and amateur photographers use Tri-X. They are obviously all
incompetent SOB's.

Jim, off to buy another Tri-X, Brick.

Oh no... the secret is out. I'm labeled forever. Everyone knows.

Jim (hiding his head in shame) Brick