Subject: [Leica] Light purple/pink Ilford film
From: "Pete Su" <psu@esgear.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2000 18:18:00 -0500

I've recently put my own darkroom together, and have run 8 rolls of film so
far. 4 rolls were HP5+ and 4 were Delta 400.

Everything seems fine, the negs even print well, but the clear film base is
sort of light pink/purple.

Now, I know that sometimes this is a sign of either inadequate fixing or
inadequate washing. So I took a strip of blank film from one of the rolls
and dunked it in fixer for another 5 minutes, and then permawash for 5 more
minutes, and then under the faucet to wash for at least 10 extra minutes. No
visible change occured.

I'm using Sprint film developer and "rapid" fix, 8-10min in developer,
rinse, 4-5 minutes in the rapid fix (film clears in 2 minutes), rinse,
permawash for 2 or 3 minutes, then wash for 10 minutes (fill and dunk).

I'm inclined not to worry about it, although I didn't have this trouble with
HP5+ and D76 and Kodak fixer the last time I developed film at home last
year.

Ideas?

Thanks,
Pete