Subject: Re: [Leica] Who is Church Lady?
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2000 07:49:17 +0100

The Church Lady is a character on a long-running TV show called "Saturday Night
Live." It is on at 11.30 p.m. on Saturdays (at least it was when I left the U.S.
five years ago). The show is a mix of talk show (never serious), slapstick and
music. The Church Lady is a tall woman (actually played by a man) whose reply to
almost everything is "Isn't that special", spoken in the most irritating,
squeeky voice you can imagine.

Nathan

"J.P. Leiser" wrote:

> Please explain what is the "Church Lady."   I thought I knew many
> "Americanisms," but this one is not in my knowledge base.
>
> JPL

> Sent via Fetchmail - free email service at http://www.fetchmail.com

- --
Nathan Wajsman