Subject: [Leica] Re:quest
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2000 23:55:40 +0000

Stephen Gandy (whose website I positively treasure) says somewhere that
one thing you should take care to avoid is "people who want to borrow
your cameras." Fortunately for me, many people I know aren't scrupulous
about following this advice; a lot of the cameras and lenses I've tried
over the years have been loaners, either from companies or from
individuals.

Now that I've softened you up, uh, would anybody happen to have a 50mm
f/1.4 Leica R lens they'd be willing to let me borrow for a week or two?
I'm ISO the next-to-latest one with the 55mm filter size. I've been
researching an article about 50mm lenses for some time now, and have
used many of the Leica 50mm lenses present and past; but that's one lens
that has continued to elude me. Leica Northvale doesn't have one, local
rental places don't have 'em, and so far I've never found one I could
try.

I'd be in your debt, which is, as Groucho Marx would say, exactly where
you want me. I can literally complete my tests in a weekend, assuming
decent weather and the absence of excessive busy-ness elsewhere in my
life. I'll return it promptly.

Sorry for the "troll," but if anybody could help, I'd be grateful.

- --Mike