Subject: Re: [Leica] Contax/Kiev
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2000 19:12:19 -0500

At 06:53 PM 1/3/2000 -0800, Mark Langer wrote:

>The Kiev 5 indicates the direction that Zeiss might have gone in to
>produce a camera more competitive with the M Leica.  Definitely one of the
>great examples of an underrated camera.

Well, Zeiss Ikon marked the way they were thinking of going with their two
Versuchs-Contax IV bodies, both produced fifteen years before the Kiev 5.
I'll admit the Kiev 5 is an interesting and capable camera, though I've
never kept any of the exemplars which have passed through my hands --
though I do have all the other types and shoot with them on occasion.  But,
then, I'm a Zeiss Ikon type of guy, I guess!

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!