Subject: [Leica] Martin's education
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2000 19:17:35 +0000

Martin Howard,

If you're serious, and don't mind paying something for it, I can
probably set you up with a private three-day intensive workshop with
Phil Davis in Ann Arbor. I have to warn you, it's not for the faint of
heart, but if you're a good student and a smart guy and willing to work,
it's possible to learn the basics of the science of exposure and
development in three days. "Rules of thumb, mnemonics, and
tricks-of-the-trade" will not be in evidence, however; Phil is
uncompromising. There is nothing remotely touchy-feely about a BTZS
workshop.

Better yet, get another Lugger or two to go along and share the
expenses.

- --Mike