Subject: Re: [Leica] what 6x9 cm folding camera to buy?
From: Jeff Moore <jbm@oven.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 09:49:54 -0500

2000-01-05-09:13:47 Ruralmopics@aol.com:
> I've long thought about getting one of the modern medium format rangefinders
> but I can't justify the price since I have no idea what I would actually do
> with the camera.

I really like my Mamiya 7 -- as a thing of its type -- but with 20/20
hindsight I now realize I don't use it *nearly* enough to justify its
stiff price.  I just take better pictures with a Leica, so I reach for
a Leica more often, which means that I'm more used to it, which means
that I'll take better pictures with it...  It'll take some force of
will to break that cycle, if indeed it's possible: I've gotten too
spoiled to put up with an f/4 lens very often.

The fixed-lens Fuji rangefinders, though -- they might be almost
sensible, since a camera with lens costs about as much as a Mamiya
body *or* lens.