Subject: [Leica] SMTP Delivery Error
From: MAILER-DAEMON@bcc.cuny.edu
Date: 6 Jan 2000 16:18:50 EDT

An error occured while delivering this message.
The error is stated below:

554 Transaction failed; too many hops 17 maximum 16

Excerpt of original message:

To: alal@bcc.cuny.edu

Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 21:34:08 +0100
To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
From: Christer Almqvist <christer@almqvist.net>
Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica dealer recommendations
Sender: owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

>Hello Roger,
>
>a Leica dealer in Germany I can really recommend is Meister, Hamburg. He's
>on the web at www.leicabeimeister.com , you can check his prices on his
>homepage or order directly by e-mail. He also has lots of used gear at
>reasonable prices, and Mr. Meister sr. is most definitely one of the nicest
>persons in photo business. As the euro is low compared with dollar or pound,
>it could be interesting for some of you LUGgers to buy in Germany right now.
>
>Peter Volle

Well jr is not bad either!  And the female assistant is very knowledgeable.
This shop is now third (or fourth?) generation owner operated. For sales
tax reason, most second hand articles are commission goods, and you can
alway put in an offer if you find prices too high. Your luck depends on how
long the article has been up for sale. If you go there, bring your wife.
The shop has an excellent perfumery department and a babies' clothing
department! Or don't bring your wife - on the same street are a dozen of
Hamburg's nicest boutiques; your wife will easily outspend you.

Now back to Leica. The mother of one of my girl's classmates came to pick
up her daughter and saw my Leica and told me her father had had a large
collection of Leica gear. I asked if she still had some to sell. No, but I
know a shop with a large second hand stock, she said. Meister at
Klosterstern. They called me up a few months ago, she contiued, and asked
me if I was related to Mr Soandso. Well it was her father, who had died
quite some time ago. She did not know how Meister traced her, her father
had not lived in the same city as she, and she was now married under
another name, but they found her and gave her the money for the items sold
on commission after her father's death.

An od-time reputable dealer if there is one. I think his motto is: 'if
Leica can supply it, I have it in stock'.