Subject: Re: [Leica] Tech Pan and XTol
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2000 14:15:59 -0800

Paul Roark wrote:

><Snip>
> Have you done a side-by-side comparison of TP's grain and sharpness when
> developed in Xtol as opposed to liquid Technidol?  I'd guess Xtol wins on
> grain.

I'd like to know how high of a magnification you'd have to go before ANY grain
was visible!
I can never find any!
I'd think the issues at stake would be ones overall look, tonality, separation
and smoothness of different parts of the curve.
I can't focus on grain with a grain magnifier with that stuff. No grain
magnifier I've ever used could ever detect any.
But I've used Agfapan 25 in lieu of that stuff for years.
With Rodinol I can just makeout a grain pattern with Agfapan 25. But with no
other developer!
Mark Rabiner