Subject: Re: [Leica] Pro or no
From: "Roland Smith" <roland@dnai.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 21:53:51 -0800

Paul, your comments confirm my observation in 1960 when I moved into the
world of independence.   I considered and quickly discarded the idea of
entering a career in photography.   First, I thought it a career where the
entry was too easy.   Buy a camera, undercut the market price and try to
pick up business.

Second, my talent has required forced application.  Others produce a good
art form without the same struggle at creativity or so it seems.

I went back to school preparing for a profession that had some thresholds
restricting the casual entry of the masses.   I became a CPA.  The wisdom of
my choice has been proven over the years.

I enjoy photography as a hobby and work hard to get a few acceptable
pictures.   I am not complaining about that.

Roland Smith