Subject: [Leica] Boof the photographer
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2000 14:59:31 +0000

>>>While rewinding the film, Kelsey happily reported that she had gotten
many good portraits.  I can hardly wait to see the chromes.<<<

You're a smart guy, Doug. Incidentally, you'll be interested in a piece
in our next issue about the ferocious popularity of snapshooting among
"tweens" and how Kodak and Polaroid actively marketing to them. _Twist_
magazine (a rag for 12-year-old girls) gets more Kodak advertising than
_PHOTO Techniques_  does.

Your experiment reminds me of one I heard of where a photographer took a
Nikonos to public swimming pools. He'd hand it out to any interested kid
who wanted to take pictures underwater, give them a brief tutorial and
set them loose. The project was wonderful, as you might imagine.

- --Mike