Subject: [Leica] Cosina/Voigtlander Bessa-R
From: Ken Iisaka <kiisaka@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2000 16:53:27 -0800

According to my sources in Japan, Cosina will announce its Bessa-R
rangefinder body later next week.

Its specs are as follows:

Mechanically controlled vertically-travelling leaf focal plane shutter,
speeds B, 1 - 1/2000
Leica screw mount
Rangefinder magnification 0.7x, rangefinder base about 30mm.  Effective
base 21mm (arrrgh!)
Parallax-corrected selectable frame lines for 35/90mm, 50mm and 75mm
lenses.
TTL exposure meter, LED displays in the viewfinder.

http://www.cameraguild.co.jp/retinahouse/nikki/000108nikki002.JPG
http://www.cameraguild.co.jp/retinahouse/nikki/000108nikki003.JPG

The retail price is projected to be 69,800 JPY or approximately 680 USD.

This will nail Yasuhara's coffin, I'm afraid.

Ken Iisaka kiisaka@pacbell.net
Lost in Mill Valley in Marin County, California