Subject: [Leica] Ken's Bessa R sighting
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2000 22:47:04 +0000

>>>According to my sources in Japan, Cosina will announce its Bessa-R
rangefinder body later next week<<<

Ken,
Cool. Thanks for the update.

Remaining to be seen: weight? And, especially, quietness? The shutter on
the Bessa L / Nikon FM10 / Olympus OM-2000 / Vivitar whateveritis Cosina
body is a clacker--really sets off a noise. I hope they worked on this
for the Bessa R.

21mm baselength? No wonder there's no Cosina 90mm, and their 75mm is an
f/2.5. <g>

Should be fine for a 35mm, tho'.

And no threat at all to the M6.

- --Mike