Subject: Re: [Leica] tabletop tripod
From: Bernard <5521.g23@g23.relcom.ru>
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2000 20:52:22 +0300

Jonathan Borden wrote:

>         I got a Leica tabletop tripod thinking that I would use it
> (why else :-)) but I use it less than my Visoflex setup! It is so nice
> and compact that I keep it in my Domke bag but so far it just adds
> weight. I've just never had the right opportunity to take a photo from
> tabletop height. Am I doing something wrong?

Yes, probably. I carry a tabletop tripod from Manfrotto and it gets its
fair share of use. I put it on chairs, tables, window sills and you name
it for interior shots. Also, you can find lots of things outside to put
it on; garbage cans with a lid, benches, etc. You can press it sideways
to walls, street lights, and trees. In low light situations where I need
to stay mobile but don't want to use flash, I press two legs of the
tripod to my chest and get some added stability from that.

I also carry this thing in my Domke, and I really use it a lot. It is
the *last* accessory I would consider leaving home.

Bernard.