Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V14 #65
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 12:51:04 +0000

>>>there *is*
such a word as "pheromone" in the dictionary. I wonder what the the guy
meant though. It means "any chemical substance released by an animal
that serves to influence the physiology or behavior of other members of
the same species."<<<

Yes, I know what the word means, Bernard, although I'm not surprised it
sent you to your dictionary. (Perhaps English is not your first
language? Although I'm sure you speak English better than I speak your
own native tongue, whatever it might be.) The fact that the word is
meaningless in the sentence it appeared in would generally be considered
a clue that it was not used intentionally--especially since it was
written by Jim Brick, who is an erudite fellow and typically
well-spoken.

"Erudite," by the way, means "characterized by extensive learning."

I have not retitled this thread, at your request. Note the default
title.

- --Mike