Subject: [Leica] was Oh, yeah? heli ride! :)
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 16:53:09 -0800

George Huczek wrote:

>It depends whether or not the helicopters have their engines running.  (One
>dumb post leads to another, I guess ...)>>>>>

Hey George,
Not as silly as you may think! :)

If you're in a, "sort of free fall auto rotation" in a chopper, the engine
just ticks over and it's quite a smooth ride.....fast though! There isn't
much, if any vibration. It's all straight downwards!:)

Oh yeah! And you better have a damn good driver on the controls if he
intends on going all the way to the ground or water for a landing.  Hell of
ride!!! :)

The first time the fly guys pull that one on you without you knowing
they're doing a training auto rotation.  Trust me, you really aren't
thinking of taking pictures, it's "Hail Mary's" all the way down.

You land safely, the pilot looks at you all quivering and shaking, smiles
and says,   "Hey lets go do that again!" :) :)

There is an urge to kill or wet your pants if you haven't already done it!:)

Oh yes one last thing, you've been clutching your Leica for dear life all
the way down like a life preserver!! :)

ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant