Subject: Re: [Leica] "pheromone" for "phenomenon"
From: Marshall Rafferty <mrafferty@uswest.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 19:40:45 -0800

On Mon, 10 Jan 2000 13:59:21 -0800, Jim wrote:
>I wish I could say that there is some deep philosophical meaning in the use
>of pheromone, but there wasn't.
>If you misspell phenomenon as "phenomonen", Eudora's spell checker gives
>you "pheromone" as the first choice. I simply didn't double check what the
>spell checker put in. It substituted "pheromone" for "phenomenon".>
>Simple as that.
>Jim

I love spell-checkers. We recently got one of those Xmas newletters
from a distant cousin containing the following line:

"In October we were back in North Dakota to do some peasant hunting.
The bad weather held off and we were able to come home with a full bag
almost every day."

I'm very grateful his spell-check passed this one :-)

Marshall Rafferty