Subject: [Leica] Lens cleaners
From: "Douglas McLernon" <dhwsmc@eircom.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 00:06:08 -0000

Why do you guys spend so much money on lens cleaners - nobody even
recognises the labels and there is no red dot ;-^)

Go to your chemist, pharmacy, drug store, whatever and buy two items; equal
measures of pure alcohol - no additives or extras - this may be illegal is
some places but most decent sorts will give you an ounce or two - and
hydrogen peroxide - they'll give you more if you ask them to mix  the two
since you can't drink that. (Technically you CAN drink it but  we may not be
hearing from you on the LUG  in the future.) Mix them together and you have
a first class lens cleaner. It doesn't harm coating, paint or leave a
residue. I picked this tip up on the LF group a few years ago.
Regards,
Doug,
Dublin, Ireland