Subject: RE: [Leica] Prescription lens for eyepieces
From: "Tim Atherton" <timphoto@nt.sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 22:37:37 -0700

Another option is to go for the somewhat tougher (and more expensive) Nikon
(yes - I know!) lenses/coating, if that is not what you currently have for
eyewear.

It doesn't last forever and does eventually still scratch. But I have found
that it lasts significantly longer that what I used to use (so called
"non-scratch" coating). Within a month or two they always began to get
scratched from camera viewfinders. I got my current pair of glasses just
over a year ago. They survived two months in dusty Central America with some
heavy duty camera usage, as well as my regular day to day use (I am a
professional photographer), as well as canoeing etc. They have a couple of
small scratches and that's it.

Now if we could get Leica eyeglasses....

Tim A