Subject: [Leica] Gauntlet test
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 00:37:15 +0000

Regarding my "Gauntlet" challenge:

Seriously, I don't think it would be fair to people to make them try to
identify prints before the whole group, and then "show them up" in
public if they're wrong.

I think what I would rather do is to include three Leica prints among
the ten, then ask anybody who sees the group of prints to e-mail me
privately and report their guesses as to which three they think are the
Leica prints.

I won't even post the names of the people who are participating.

Then, when it's all done, I'll just post the number of votes that each
print got as a possible Leica print--i.e., "Print 'A' got six guesses,
Print 'B' got two guesses," and so on, down the line; and then I'll
reveal what lens actually made each picture. I'll also reveal how many
people got either one or two of their guesses correct, again without
naming them.

If anybody does identify all three correctly, I think that person
deserves to be named in public on the LUG! Agreed?

But otherwise, I will not name individuals. People can post their own
guesses on the LUG if they want to, but I will not do so.

Does that sound fair? It will give us some information and allow us to
have some fun with this, but will not make any individual look bad.

- --Mike