Subject: Re: [Leica] 35mm IMAGES
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 05:58:24 +0000

Austin Burbridge wrote:
>I *am* a computer expert and I can tell you that .bmp is NOT a
>standard format for World Wide Web browsers. Only some visitors will
>be able to view your photographs, those who happen to be running a
>Microsoft Internet Explorer web browser, and of those, only those
>whose computer runs under a Microsoft operating system.
>
>For eveyone else, the thumbnails and the photos are invisible. I
>know; I've tried to look at your stuff several times without success!
>
>The standard web browser format for photographs is JPEG (.jpg). Other
>standard picture formats (but not recommended for photographs) are
>.gif and .png.

I scanned another pic on .jpg format and tried to upload. It could not do
so inspite of all the indicated signals that it was doing so. The file is
46.5KB in size and the indicated upload rate is 3.46KB/sec. Nothing
appeared in the website inspite of a long wait. With my previous compressed
.bmp files, the upload took a few seconds and the thumbnail will appear.

I will appreciate any advise from people who HAVE UPLOADED SUCCESSFULLY to
this site with a .jpg file.

I am beginning to suspect that only people with a MS Internet Explorer
WEBbrowser can assess this site effectively.

Interesting.......

Dan K.
                All economic principles are thwarted by greed.