Subject: Re: [Leica] Battery for M6 (long, and maybe useless!)
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 17:45:46 +0100

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for an insightful post on batteries. I did stock up on PX625s after
learning that production in the EU became illegal last year. There are still
distributor and dealer stocks, so the batteries are still to be found here in
Belgium. My question is, how long can they be stored? There is no "use by" date
on them, like on the alkalines.

Nathan

MicroGrid@aol.com wrote:

> BTW I was at Varta's plant where they still made the Mercury PX625's last
> month. They have stopped production of these cells, (German Law) so buy 10
> and refrigerate them if you can find them. If there is no Chinese producer,
> and I don't think so, that will be it. The best alternative is Zn-air.

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium