Subject: [Leica] Have no fear
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 18:24:38 +0000

>>>That's not too difficult to do if you understand the lenses you own,
be
that one or many, and know how to handle your camera with a "Have no
fear
and just shoot it!" attitude<<<

Ted,
Hearty amen to that. One of my favorite pictures is one taken of the
late Erich Hartmann of Magnum (a lovely fellow) by his son Nick. It
shows Eric at a dining table illuminated by a single candle. Nick took
the picture with his M6 and 50mm Summicron wide open.

Who needs twinkie lights???

But then I'm guessing--just guessing, mind you--that Johnny Deadman
didn't do all that excellent street shooting with a tripod, either...<g>
(I know, I know, "shut up, Mike.")

- --Mike