Subject: Re: [Leica] First results Vario-Elmarit-R 35-70/2.8 ASPH
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 00:04:51 -0800

I was able to try out the new lens on a loaner R8 at the LHSA conference in
Chicago last October. A lot of shots were taken on the river tour thru
downtown. On the Velvia slides, you can not only count every window on the
skyscrapers, but also see if they need cleaning.

Handling the R8 and large lens was a switch from my usual M6, but became
fairly comfortable after only a few shots. I can certainly agree with
Pascal - it's quite a lens!

Gary Todoroff
Tree LUGger

From: Pascal > Well, I don't know what can be said other than that the V-E