Subject: [Leica] Re: Mike's new religion
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 09:39:39 -0800

Truer words were never spoken Erwin.

It is an absolute fact, a fact supported by scientific endeavors throughout
time, that if you wish to prove a point, you collect data to support that
point. All other data is discarded. This, unfortunately, is why there are
so many untrue myths, unfounded scientific theories, and just plain old
incorrect beliefs.

It is human nature to want to be right. To NOT want to be proven wrong. And
to make certain that one can support his/her own beliefs, one selectively
collects his/her own facts and then makes broad statements based upon these
selected facts.

By looking at only the collected data, the "proposed fact" is, of course,
"proven" true.

This is indeed, how a "religion" is supported.

Jim