Subject: [Leica] Re:Frames intruding into sprocket holes with LTM Leicas & ordinary reloadable cassettes
From: "Robert Marvin" <marvbej@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 14:26:31 -0500

I always wondered why this happened with my IIIa--thought something was
wrong with it  (although the image spreading into the sprocket holes was too
slight to ever be a real problem).
 However when I recently acquired a IIIf, I noticed that it has a "film
positioning bar" on the baseplate which tatally eliminates the problem.

BTW, I just recently got back into bulk loading film, using plastic
cassettes from B&H. Back in my youth (the early '60s) before Kodak crimped
the ends of their cassettes so that you couldn't reuse them,I reused
ordinary cassettes many many times without ever scratching film.