Subject: Re: [Leica] And the Gauntlet just lies there...
From: Mikiro <arbos@silva.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 16:18:52 +0100

Tom, I shoot ISO 400 B&W negatives alone and make mostly up to 20x30 cm
prints. This is not a very good platform where one can say something about
lens characters. Nontheless, I was surprised to see differences when I
switched from Canon to Contax SLR/G.  I was much more surprised to see
differences when I switched from Contax SLR/G to Leica R/M.  Frankly
speaking, I regretted switching from Zeiss to Leica for a whole year,
because I then was not happy with the differences I saw.  I cannot tell
which marque is used with every picture, but with a roll of film I regularly
use I may be able to do so.  I would be curious what you think about my
evaluation of Leica and Zeiss lenses at my site.  Do they make no sense??

http://arbos.silva.net/equipment.htm

Mikiro