Subject: RE: [Leica] Sometimes content triumphs
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 11:41:26 -0800

I've been wondering the same thing.  I'm contemplating becoming a sponsor,
but a group contribution has definite appeal.  We already have a precedent
for group action (re Brian Reid), so we've proven it can be done.

On the other hand, money rather than stuff makes a lot of sense for
supporting a project like this.  They're doing a more than just photography
with these kids (e.g. feeding them, providing support for their families,
etc.) so it may make more sense to let them allocate the aid they receive so
it will do the most good.

Any 10-year-olds who can live in a garbage dump and shoot like that deserve
some kind of support, though!

Paul Chefurka