Subject: Re: [Leica] And the Gauntlet just lies there...
From: TEAShea@aol.com
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 15:56:58 EST

Mikiro, I think you descriptions make sense, but these are subjective
descriptions.  Certainly, some lenses have different characteristics than
others.  I question whether differences among lens families (with top quality
lenses) would be found in a scientifically controlled study, based upon
looking at 8 x 10 prints.

Tom Shea

<< Tom, I shoot ISO 400 B&W negatives alone and make mostly up to 20x30 cm
 prints. This is not a very good platform where one can say something about
 lens characters. Nontheless, I was surprised to see differences when I
 switched from Canon to Contax SLR/G.  I was much more surprised to see
 differences when I switched from Contax SLR/G to Leica R/M.  Frankly
 speaking, I regretted switching from Zeiss to Leica for a whole year,
 because I then was not happy with the differences I saw.  I cannot tell
 which marque is used with every picture, but with a roll of film I regularly
 use I may be able to do so.  I would be curious what you think about my
 evaluation of Leica and Zeiss lenses at my site.  Do they make no sense?? >>