Subject: RE: [Leica] And the Gauntlet just lies there..or...How about a re ality check?:-).
From: "Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" <peterk@lucent.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 13:06:02 -0800

If we went by MTF tests you'd find other non-Leica lenses to have better
resolution.  However, each lens offers something different.  Some better
contrast, some better color, some more "roundness" or depth, perhaps due to.

Bottom line, tests are good but using is better.  To paraphase Eisenstaedt,
if you find a lens you like use it!