Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica H?
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 18:41:19 -0500

At 03:31 PM 1/18/2000 -0600, Kip Babington wrote:
>Trademark lawyers correct me if I'm wrong here, but I believe that in today's
>legal climate (worldwide, not just in the legally wacko USA) the holder of a
>trademark MUST defend against the unauthorized use of its trademark or face
>losing the right to exclusive use of it.

The US finally fell into line with the rest of the world by respecting the
rights of a satirist to protection from claims against a trademark or
copyright holder.  Whoever did this "Leica H" scam is protected, as is
Leica from not filing suit.

No hu-hu.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315