Subject: Re: [Leica] Leicas & Saltwater ?
From: Doug Herr <Telyt@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 23:32:00 -0500

 Richard DeLuca wrote:

I'm going to the Florida Keys in a couple weeks for an astronomy conference
held on one of the very small keys.  There are no beaches as such, but I'll
never be more than a hundred meters from the ocean. I know how to protect a
large telescope, but I am concerned about taking/using my Leica.  Should I
be?  Any suggestions for protecting the camera?
<<<

Don't drop it in the water.  Seriously, it shouldn't be a problem.  I spent
a winter on florida bay conducting tours for unsupecting vacationers.
Little did they know they'd get a full-blown diatribe on how the
industrialized word had destroyed the Everglades (OK, so I exaggerate a
little).

I had my SL, 400 f/6.8, 90 Summicron-R and Trinovids with me the whole
time.  The SL I stupidly sold several years ago but the lenses and binocs
are the same ones I have now, 20 years later.  Just don't drop it in the
water.

Doug Herr
Sacramento