Subject: RE: [Leica] Exposure for eclipse of moon ?
From: John Bean <john.bean@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 22:39:01 +0000

At Wednesday 19/01/2000 20:30, Ted Grant wrote:
>Paul Chefurka wrote:
>
> >Ted, you'll probably know the answer to this.  If I wanted to shoot the
> >eclipse using twinky flash, what sort of guide number would I need to expose
> >the moon properly on Velvia???  ;-) >>>>>>>
>
>Paul,
>
>Maybe one of those super fantastic million gazillion watt second laser
>twinkys!:)
>ted

Reminds me of a competition in Amateur Photographer, sometime in the 60s
when to most occasional snappers "flash" was a Philips PF-1 flashbulb. The
competition question was something like: "how many flashbulbs would be
needed to take a flash picture of the moon". One appropriate (but
unexpected) answer was: "one, if it's big enough". Taught me to phrase
questions *very* carefully...

Regards

John Bean